Customise MyApps using Workspaces in Azure AD
In this post I am going to go through how to customise the way the myapps portal looks for your end users using workspaces in Azure AD. Workspaces essentially group apps together to make it easier for end users to navigate.
Enable the MyApps Preview Feature
- Navigate to https://aad.portal.azure.com/
- Click on Users > User Settings
- Choose “Manage user feature preview settings”
- Set the Scope for “Users can use preview features for MyApps” to Some or All
Creating a Workspace
- In Azure Active Directory Choose “Enterprise Applications”
- Click Workspaces
- Create a New Workspace
- Enter a Name and Description for the Workspace and click Next
- Add the applications you want to be part of this Workspace and click Next
- Add the Owners who will manage this Workspace and click Next
- Add the Users/Groups who you want to actually see the workspace when they go to Myapps
- Click Review and Create
- Click Create once you are happy with your configuration
End User Experience
Now when a user goes to https://myapplications.microsoft.com they will see the Workspace. They can also navigate out of the Workspace and choose All apps to see the full list of apps they have access too as they always have been able to.
This was a fairly quick and easy blog post but it is a great feature to simplify the end users experience of accessing SAAS apps.