One of the latest features which has been released in Intune is the ability to now deploy a configuration profile with Delivery Optimization settings. Microsoft are now suggesting that you move from configuring DO in Update rings to using a configuration profile. One of the main drivers for this is the fact that DO is now supported for more than just windows updates i.e. Win32 apps.
- Navigate to the Intune Portal https://aka.ms/intuneportal
- Under “Device Configuration > Profiles” Create a new Profile
- Platform Type: Windows 10 and Later
- Profile Type: Delivery Optimization
- Under settings configure the download mode to match what you are currently using in your Software Update Rings.
- Save the Profile
- Assign the profile to a group
- Navigate to Software Updates > Windows 10 Update Rings
- Edit your existing Update rings and in the Delivery Optimzation section change to “not configured”
Save the changes and you have now successfully migrated your DO settings over to a configuration profile.
Note: When creating new Update Rings you will be forced to use a configuration profile for DO settings. The DO settings will be set to not configured and greyed out in the Update Ring.