Outlook App Configuration
Recently Microsoft has made some changes to the UI for creating app configuration policies which make it a lot more intuitive to configure and deploy Outlook email profiles. In this post I am going to run through using new first class UI. This is particularly useful when you want to “Push” an email profile rather than have the end user configure it themselves or relying on Single Sign On (Re-using an authentication token) which may have expired.
- Navigate to the Intune Portal
- Select Client Apps
- Select App Configuration Policies
- Choose Add
- Enter a relevant Name
- Select Device Enrollment Type > Managed Devices
- Select the Platform i.e. iOS
- Select an Associated App > Outlook
- Select Configuration Settings
- Choose Use Configuration Designer
- Configure the email account as necessary
- Click Ok
Note: There is a new option to be able to allow only work or school accounts which will stop the end user from being able to add a personal email account.
- Add the Policy
- Assign the policy to the group of your choice
Important: Remember this config will only apply on iOS if the app is “Managed” which means it has been deployed from Intune. So you also need to assign the Outlook app itself as required/available.